• Home
  • News
  • Native bees die from honey bee parasite

Native bees die from honey bee parasite

12 Aug 2019 21:19 | Tim Heard (Administrator)

A common disease in honey bees could be transmitted to native bees through flowers. The disease is caused by Nosema ceranae a unicellular parasite. The researchers are following up to determine the impact of the disease on native bee populations. They will test the impacts the native bee hive structure made of propolis can have on protecting the species from the disease.

On ABC News on 8 August 2019, by Eric Barker. Read more here: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-08/native-bee-honey-bee-disease-parasite-research-qld/11392606?fbclid=IwAR3WyKb66KaD1pt9e-dN1Mx4dfeMGDc4v0KNsQsiD89Yrk-XogcyodmaExs

Copyright Australian Native Bee Association Inc.

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software